SANTA FE, N.M.—TOMORROW, Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. MT, U.S. Senator Tom Udall (D-N.M.), U.S. Representative Xochitl Torres Small (D-N.M.) and Secretary of the New Mexico Department of Information Technology (NMDoIT) John Salazar will host a webinar for local and Tribal governments and other broadband stakeholders on new federal broadband funding opportunities and New Mexico broadband program resources from the NM State Office of Broadband.
During the webinar, Udall and Torres Small will outline the broadband funding for rural New Mexico and telehealth initiatives that they fought to include in the CARES Act, and Torres Small will describe the $1 billion in federal broadband support she helped secure in significant infrastructure legislation that the House passed last week.
Information will be presented on the following topics:
· Economic Development Association CARES Act Recovery Assistance Program
· USDA Rural Development Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grants, Reconnect Loan and Grant Program, Rural Broadband Access Loan and Loan Guarantee Program, Telecom Infrastructure Loan Program, and Rural Business Development Program
· FCC Rural Health Care Program and FCC COVID-19 Telehealth Program
· NM Broadband Office Strategic Plan, Broadband Assessment and Data Mapping resources
TOMORROW, July 8, 2020
WHAT: Udall, Torres Small and Salazar will present federal and state resources for rural broadband funding opportunities.
· U.S. Senator Tom Udall (D-N.M.)
· U.S. Representative Xochitl Torres Small (D-N.M.)
· Secretary John Salazar, State CIO – New Mexico Department of Information Technology
WHEN: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
HOW TO JOIN: Please register with this LINK.